Just over a year ago I put together a list of 101 thing I wanted to accomplish before my 30th birthday. We are now just under a year and a half from that monumental birthday, haha. I figured it was time to update and see how far I’ve come. I’ve pasted the original list below and have added comments to those I have accomplished! Here goes:
1. Take Ross on a plane ride- not yet, but we have started to work on plans!
2. Add a third child to our family- December 5, 2015, Welcome Eli!
3. Run a half marathon
4. Have $1000 in every account and 0 credit card debt- Check! Those 0.00 always look so good!
5. Make perfect soup, 100% homemade- nope, but the stuff in a bag is darn good
6. Keep my kitchen, bathroom and living room all clean for a whole month- hahaha… still a goal
7. Keep all my cloths put away for two months straight- read above
8. Pray with my children daily- we’re getting much closer! We work hard to say prayers before meals and before bed time.
9. Learn how to do all the farm chores (and then do them!)- this summer 🙂
10. Train my horse
11. Grow a huge garden and keep it weeded
12. Raise 25 chickens- Check!
13. Go camping at 10 different state parks in Iowa- We have one down!
14. Surprise my husband with something awesome- I got my husband a really nice Christmas present, but I’m not checking this off yet. I like to surprise him!
15. Give a really unexpected gift
16. Make a real quilt
17. Write 100 thank you/hand written notes- I’ve done a few, but not 100
18. Establish Harvesting Roots Family Farm
19. Get 100 blog followers- I’m halfway there! tell your friends!
20. Redecorate my bedroom (including flooring!)
21. Finish basement
22. Learn to shoot a bow with my husband
23. Find a group of friends to strengthen my faith with- I’m so much closer to this!
24. Do weekly devotions with my husband- this one I may need some help with, anyone have a good suggestion on how to start this?
25. Take a cooking class
26. Wear a size 16
27. Sing on a big stage
28. Finish 18 books- I don’t think I’ve read any this year! But I did just order a new book so it will happen!
29. Have a recital for my voice students- I’ve stopped giving lessons, so I think I might replace this one.
29.b. Write a “Letter to the Editor” in my local newspaper
30. Finish a workout DVD without wanting to die
31. Go on a motorcycle ride
32. Wear my prom dress to an event
33. Write a will-Check!
34. Swim in a waterfall
35. Watch a meteor shower
36. Learn to make lefsa- I ate a bunch…
37. Visit & explore a city I’ve never been to
38. Get a facial
39. Take a road trip with some girlfriends
40. Buy a really nice camera- I bought a really nice phone that takes great pictures
41. Learn how to use a really nice camera
42. Teach my husband to cook
43. Give a gift instead of getting
44. Visit an art museum
45. Visit a botanical garden
46. Drink 8 glasses of water a day for a month- I’m getting close to this one!
47. Go to a Broadway show
48. Pay for the person behind me whenever I get fastfood alone- I’ve failed, but I will try again
49. Good a recipe with 20+ ingredients
50. Get a passport
51. Have a monthly date night with my husband
52. Have one a week of NO technology- We have started saying to technology from 5 until 7 (bedtime).
53. Climb a mountain
54. Participate in a craft show
55. Donate a 3 month supply of something to a food pantry
56. Write a letter to my children every month for a year.
57. Make something out of leather
58. Make the bed every morning for 2 weeks-I think I did this, but I should start again! I did make it today!
59. Donate to Goodwill 5 times- We’ve done 3!
60. Make and give 10 homemade gifts- I’ve done 3…
61. Take my kids on a train
62. Learn to drive a tractor
63. Finish front yard design
64. Refinish a dresser for Char
65. Floss everyday for 2 weeks
66. Send a care package to someone who is deployed
67. Volunteer as a family
68. Volunteer as an individual
69. Vote for a president- the time is coming…
70. Put money in a high yielding account for the kids
71. Eat only homemade/homegrown for a week
72. Do something new with my sister
73. Donate $1 for every item not completed
74. Keep my nails painted for a month
75. Get my legs waxed
76. Hatch a bird other than a chicken
77. Try 5 new foods
78. Give only small business/homemade birthday gifts- I’ve learned this takes planning. I’ve done a few, but could easily do more!
79. Learn how to can fruits and veggies
80. Always donate a dollar to the cause
81. Having a crafting day with my sister-in-law(s)
82. Do something new with my oldest niece
83. Take my daughter on her first waterslide- Check!
84. Learn how to chop wood
85. Make bagels from scratch
86. Start a tradition with my daughter
87. Swim in the ocean
88. Use all parts of my planner
89. Write letters to five influential people in my life and thank them
90. Plan a trip to Germany
91. Buy & organize a filing cabinet
92. Organize recipes
93. Organize address book
94. Send a “just because” package to 3 friends- I did one
95. Bring in random treats to work
96. Go on a picnic, rain or shine
97. Ride my horses at least once a month
98. Go to a live sporting event with my family
99. Take my Dad on a date
100. Take my sons on a date
101. Make a list of 101 blessings in my life!
Well, it looks like I still have a long way to go! But that’s ok. This is a process, not meant to be done over night. It’s good to look back so I can do a little refocusing and bring some of these goals to the forefront.